Been in an Accident?
Here’s What To Do
First of all, keep calm and don’t feel like the Lone Ranger. There are some 24 million auto accidents a year. Each one of them inconvenient for everybody involved, but by taking a few simple steps, you can make sure your inconvenience is kept to a minimum.
1. Keep calm! Now’s the time you need a clear head.
2. Get all the pertinent facts at the time of the accident. Find out the “who, what, when, and where”. Make note of the time of day, place of accident, get all names, addresses, auto license numbers and drivers license numbers of involved parties.
3. Report your accident immediately to your insurance agent or company. They’ll tell you what to do next.
4. Cooperate with your agent and insurance company. You’ll find they are as interested as you are in making sure you get treated fairly and that your inconvenience is kept to a minimum.
5. Choose a body shop you have confidence in for your repair work. Select a shop that will give you quality work at a fair price.